Welcome! The National Conference Committee is excited to bring you the Australian Music Therapy Association's 2019 National Conference in Melbourne, Australia. We are thrilled to be bringing this conference to our membership and the broader community, and we are working hard to create a fantastic event for all.
This year we are changing things up a little; in order to incorporate some advanced training and a symposium into our annual event. We hope you enjoy the expanded options available this year; and you take advantage of all our national event has to offer this year. Alongside our annual conference we will be presenting a special event, the ‘Music, Adolescents and Trauma’ Symposium, in partnership with Professor Katrina McFerran and the University of Melbourne.
Our venue this year in beautiful Melbourne is the amazing and brand new Ian Potter Southbank Centre, the new home of the Melbourne Conservatorium of Music at the University of Melbourne. The venue will be perfect for the range of activities, presentations and experiences we have planned. Thanks must go to the University for granting us the use of this extraordinary facility.
This dedicated conference website holds all the information and features you will need to learn about register for and get involved with this year’s conference; we will be adding more content as we make more plans and confirm more exciting elements of the event.
I look forward to personally welcoming you to Melbourne in November this year and sharing time together.
With best wishes,
On behalf of the National Conference Committee
- Call for Abstracts Close Friday 19 July 2019, 11:59pm AEST
- Super Early-bird Registration closes Friday 19 July 2019, 11:59pm AEST
- Notification of Acceptance Friday 30 August 2019
- Early Bird Registration 20 July 2019 – Friday 13 September 2019
- Drum Power Workshops Wednesday 27 November & Thursday 28 November 2019
- AMTA2019 Conference Friday 29 November 2019 & Saturday 30 November 2019
- Professional Development Seminar Sunday 1 December 2019